Below you’ll find valuable domaining resources & domain name tools. The list will always continue to grow. Contact me if you want to be included. I would love for you to include a link to Hello World Domains on your site. So, if you see your link displayed here, think: good karma. No pressure.
COMMUNITY. If you want to be a better domainer you need to be involved in the community. You do this by reading and asking question in domain forums and by connecting to other domainers. Say hi and connect with me here.
- NamePros – The best free advice on the net. Spend some time here and you will learn a lot.
- DNForum – The largest domain forum has a lot to offer. Free to register but a paid membership is required to post or buy and sell.
- DomainState – DomainState.com is another active domaining forum. Are you looking to get started as a domainer? Read, read, read.
- Domain Portfolio – Check out my collection of domain names for sale. Just like you, I’m here to sell domain names, so if you see something you like – make an offer.
MARKET PLACE. This is where the action is. Buy and sell domain names in these top performing auctions and domain listing services. FUN FACT: There are dozens of domain auctions out there. This list will contact to expand, but, only as I become more familiar with each of them.
- Sedo – The largest domain market place in the world. Sedo is also a great place to park your undeveloped domains.
- Afternic – Another large domain market place. Afternic is full service and has a huge network.
- Bido – An up and coming domain auction. They’re so determined to be the next big thing, they’ve launched their business 3 times.
- Pool.com – Another domain name auction house. Huge points for being HQ’d in Canada!
INDUSTRY. Keep up to date on the domaining world. Some of the best domain industry news, advice and editorials can be found in the list below.
- Domaining – This is what you type into the address bar when you want to learn about domaining. Thousands of industry insiders come back to this site every day.
- NameBee – Some of the best domain blogs are brought together here.
- DN Journal – DNJ is full of helpful news, information, “how to” articles to get you started and suggestions on how to learn more about the industry.
- Domain News – The name says it all. Get a boat load of domain related news here.
- Name Newbie – This, along with asking a million questions in the forums, is one of the best places for a new domainer to start out.
BLOGS. There are countless of professional domainers making domaining look easy. Here are just a few of their blogs. If you want to join this list of favourites, contact me.
- Rural Technocrat – The author is a fellow Canadian and a great example of how to successfully break into the domaining world.
- Protycoon – Another great domaining blog from Canada. Plenty of ‘get started’ resources
- Chef Patrick – He doesn’t cook and he makes domaining look easy. This guy is what you want to be: a pro.
- Domain Bits – Another blog from Canada (are you detecting a theme?). Domain Bits has a lot of everything and its author is very involved in the industry.
TOOLS. It’s not always who you know. Sometimes success is also about what tools you use. In the domaining world, you’ll find yourself doing a lot of reading, searching & researching. Here are some helpful tools you’ll want to use.
- Alexa – At Alexa.com you can find a lot of valuable information about websites including their popularity, traffic and who their competitors are.
- Who.is – Looking to perform a WHOIS lookup? There is no easier URL to remember.
- Name Boy – NameBoy is a fun way to find available domain names to register. I’ve found it to be a helpful brandable domain name generator when my creative juice isn’t flowing.
- Just Dropped – This is a great place to find dropped domain names and sometimes undiscovered gems. Getting familiar with dropped names can also help you understand what names aren’t working.
- Typo Generator – This is a great way to ALMOST get that one word .com you’ve been drooling over. Type in a name.extension and hit the button. The result: awesomeness.
- DomainTools.com – Reverse WHOIS and a pile of other helpful domaining tools. There are however limitations on a free account.